External shower fitting

Gesucht und gefunden. Hier darf gehandelt werden. Auch defekte Teile, die man selbst nicht mehr reparieren kann oder möchte, finden hier vielleicht noch einen Abnehmer.
Antworten
andyhutchinson

External shower fitting

Beitrag von andyhutchinson » 08.05.2014 17:24

Hi James Cook friends
I have recently bought a 2005 JC having had 3 VW campervans before. It is brilliant. We live in the UK and we imported the JC from Germany as there are so few here. There is an external shower fitting, but no hose. The fitting is smaller than fittings I can find in the UK. Can anyone suggest a website where I could buy one. I have tried Gunzl, but they do not stock them. Any help will be appreciated.
Andy

andyhutchinson

Re: External shower fitting

Beitrag von andyhutchinson » 09.05.2014 14:56

Spacy hat geschrieben:Hi Andy,

coole Idee mit dem Importieren.

Die Außendusche kannst du über Westfalia beziehen.

http://www.westfalia-mobil.net/modelle/ ... roline.php
Außendusche 526727 für 55€

Eigentlich müsste das in GB auch ein MB Dealer bestellen können.

Good Luck

Spacy
Thanks for the link Spacy, though the site doesn't seem to offer chance to order parts. Does the Westfalia company provide spare parts for all its conversions, then? Good idea to try MB in the UK, though, and I will follow that up.
Thanks for your help
Andy

MBDUM

Beitrag von MBDUM » 10.05.2014 08:03

Hi Andy,

I went the same way and bought our JC in Germany. It was only 3 years old at the time and still under extended warranty. My attempts at dealing with local dealerships and head office in Milton Keynes in buying replacement part and attempting to fix issues lead to great frustrations and a complete blank. They were in complete denial that JC had anything to do Mercedes and always sent me back to Westfalia.

However all is not lost following some useful tips on this forum. You can apparently register on a global MB database http://service-parts.mercedes-benz.com for around €20 and search for the part number yourself and then shove that under the nose of the bloke in the parts department and he will eventually work out how to tap the digits into his computer and come up with a way of ordering it for you. Personally I would pursue this as a last resort because when I tried to order stuck roller blinds for one window it was going to cost over €1000 (yes 1000).

As an alternative write to either Hermann.Junker@westfalia-mobil.de or bestellung@westfalia-mobil.de and eventually your part will come. I say eventually in that they are not really setup for internet sales and it takes a while to process. However it does eventually arrive and in my case they even sent it without me paying upfront. Very trusting.

If you do find a MB dealer with a willingness to help and perhaps consider that there might be models outside those that have in their showroom please let me know.

MBDUM

Beitrag von MBDUM » 10.05.2014 08:37

All that blue print is a link... http://service-parts.mercedes-benz.com

Sam

MBDUM

Beitrag von MBDUM » 10.05.2014 08:43

Just re read my message and the most crucial bit disappeared!

Contact the stores at Westfalia directly by email and eventually you will get an answer and your bits. I say eventually in that they are not setup as an internet retailer and things can take a bit longer. They are very helpful and in my case my parts arrived even without for my paying for them upfront.

A useful contact is Hermann.Junker@westfalia-mobil.de or bestellung@westfalia-mobil.de and they will sort you out.

Sam

MBDUM

Beitrag von MBDUM » 10.05.2014 08:45

I am still struggling with tapatalk on the iPad.... Another contact is Hermann.Junker@westfalia-mobil.de

andyhutchinson

Beitrag von andyhutchinson » 10.05.2014 16:44

MBDUM hat geschrieben:Hi Andy,

I went the same way and bought our JC in Germany. It was only 3 years old at the time and still under extended warranty. My attempts at dealing with local dealerships and head office in Milton Keynes in buying replacement part and attempting to fix issues lead to great frustrations and a complete blank. They were in complete denial that JC had anything to do Mercedes and always sent me back to Westfalia.

However all is not lost following some useful tips on this forum. You can apparently register on a global MB database http://service-parts.mercedes-benz.com for around €20 and search for the part number yourself and then shove that under the nose of the bloke in the parts department and he will eventually work out how to tap the digits into his computer and come up with a way of ordering it for you. Personally I would pursue this as a last resort because when I tried to order stuck roller blinds for one window it was going to cost over €1000 (yes 1000).

As an alternative write to either Hermann.Junker@westfalia-mobil.de or bestellung@westfalia-mobil.de and eventually your part will come. I say eventually in that they are not really setup for internet sales and it takes a while to process. However it does eventually arrive and in my case they even sent it without me paying upfront. Very trusting.

If you do find a MB dealer with a willingness to help and perhaps consider that there might be models outside those that have in their showroom please let me know.

Thanks Sam. I got your updates to this note too. Very interesting experience with the roller blind, €1000 sounds ridiculous. I have to say I am not too surprised as when I was looking to fit a speedo with MPH on I was quoted £650 just for the part, by MB - which I didn't take up. I shall use the email suggestions you have given as a first step, but will call in to the MB dealer when next nearby. Thanks for sharing your experience, that is really helpful.
Andy

Joexel

Beitrag von Joexel » 13.05.2014 15:44

Hi Andy,

I am living in France and there are probably even less JCs around then in the UK. I am currently looking for a bike-rack for a JC 2005 and it seems impossible to find, even in Germany.
I have browsed the forum here and on another thread someone mentioned the serial number of the shower.
Wir haben unsere Außendusche im Febr.2012 bei Westfalia über unseren Camping Service WVD Südcaravan in 79108 Freiburg, Hanferstr.30 bestellt, Artikelnr.b.Westfalia: 282002248020, Preis damals 46,37 €. Voraussetzung ist natürlich die richtige Kupplung am Schrank.
Viel Erfolg
Dojo

I have put this number into a search machine and landed on this page
http://www.westfalia-mobil.net/modelle/ ... et2011.pdf
However, this is for a Ford Nugget from 2011 on.
Maybe somebody here knows if the Westfalia shower has changed during the last years?

Sorry, this hasn't been of much help, I realize.
Let me know if there is something I can do for you.

Joern
JC 316CDI BJ 2005 Sprintshift

netsailor

Beitrag von netsailor » 13.05.2014 16:45

Hello together!
Seems like a good idea to me to contact a Ford dealer that sells the current nugget vans. If the part # is the same as for our babies it's highly likely to fits.
Greetings from Berlin,
Stefan

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk
James Cook Classic 318CDI 3,5t Automatik EZ 4.08; Eigenausbau 207D EZ1977 bis 2001
Bild

Antworten

Zurück zu „Ankauf, Verkauf, Flohmarkt“